Find information on the bylaws and official policies passed by the Town of Coalhurst.
The Town of Coalhurst is governed by official bylaws and policies with which all residents should be familiar. If you have any questions or concerns call the Town Office at 403-381-3033.
Coaldale and District Municipal Enforcement are pleased to announce the commencement of enforcement to the Town of Coaldale, Town of Coalhurst, Town of Picture Butte and the Village of Barons on January 16, 2017. Four Community Peace Officers will be working various shifts to allow for seven day a week coverage primarily from the hours of 7 a.m. until 9:30 p.m., however the times may vary due to changes to the Officer’s shifts. The four Officers will be responsible for enforcing all Municipal bylaws for each community as well as Provincial Traffic Offences under the Traffic Safety Act.
If you have a question for an Officer or have a complaint, we can be reached at 1-844-645-2635 or you can file a complaint using our new online complaint form at; Contact Form. When accessing the link, you may need to adjust your computer security to allow pop ups.
When using the online form under the heading of Select a Group, use the drop down arrow and select Coaldale and district Municipal Enforcement. Once you have made the selection, then click on “Write New Online Report” and fill in the information. When finished, it will be sent to an Officer on duty and will be dealt with in a timely fashion. If you feel the matter is an emergency, please call 911. We look forward to servicing these communities and keeping them a safe place to live.
- Animals Bylaw No. 292-02
- Smoke Free Playgrounds and Athletic Fields 374-14
- Dog Control By-Law 379-15
- Business BY-LAW #393-17
- Cat Control Bylaw [PDF]
- Fire Bylaw [PDF] BURNREG (pamphlet)
- Noise Bylaw [PDF]
- TRAFFIC BYLAW 398-18
- Unsightly Bylaw [PDF]
- ZERO TOLERANCE FOR STARTING DEVELOPMENT WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF A DEVELOPMENT PERMIT November 3, 2015
- Coalhurst Land Use Bylaw 354-12 July10 2012 Map (amended to bylaw 390-17)
- Cannabis Consumption Bylaw 401-18
- LUB Amendment Cannabis Retail Sales 402-18 LUB Amendment Cannabis retail Schedule A 402-18
- Public Notification Bylaw 400-18
- Coalhurst Land Use Bylaw 354-12 July 2012 (consolidated to Bylaw 402-18 October 2018) (no Map)
Water meter access.water
Community Grant Program.org Application form: Community Grant Program Application for Funding
Rates uti.water (water, sewer, waste management, storm sewer rates)
electronic message centre
cats.adm Cat Trapping Agreement TRAP.cats