Find a vision statement that defines the Town of Coalhurst’s goals as a community.
TOWN OF COALHURST
STRATEGIC PLAN 2019 – 2022 AT A GLANCE
The Council for the Town of Coalhurst has worked effortlessly to develop a Strategic Plan for the Town consisting of a vision, mission, values and strategic priorities. Council and staff will work diligently to adhere to this plan in moving forward in the best interest of the Town.
Check link to view the Strategic Plan: Strategic Plan 2019 – 2022
TOWN OF COALHURST VISION
Through a vision planning session held on November 29, 2010, hosted by Deb Berg — Alberta Culture and Community Spirit, Town Council adopted the following vision for the Town of Coalhurst:
The municipal council of the Town of Coalhurst envisions that their community, in 2025, is a model community in Alberta with the following attributes:
- Coalhurst is a safe community of fewer than 5,000 people that enjoys diverse and sustainable growth based on social, economic and environmental pillars.
- Coalhurst has safe access that provides connectivity and alternative transportation for its citizens.
- The Town of Coalhurst, together with its citizens, creates an aesthetically pleasing community incorporating multi-use green spaces and community paths.
- Coalhurst has a thriving, well-developed business centre to serve residents, attract visitors and act as a community hub.
- A sustainable commercial and industrial area attracts businesses within the Town providing an increased and diversified tax base and jobs.
- Our community has public facilities that provide all our citizens with quality municipal services and opportunities for recreation and healthy living.
- Coalhurst is a diversified community which offers desirable housing options for seniors, students and families.
- With strategic partnerships, Coalhurst offers quality education and learning experiences.