Find information on utility services in the Town of Coalhurst, including what services are provided, who they are provided by, and how to access services.
Handbook for Reducing Basement Flooding
Click here for information: Handbook for Reducing Basement Flooding
6.1 APPLICATION FOR A SERVICE CONNECTION
6.1.1 Utility service shall be supplied to the owner of the property. No utility service will be supplied to any renter, lessee or other persons not considered the owner of the property.
6.1.2 Any owner who desires utility service from the Town of Coalhurst shall apply in writing to the Administrator on the form supplied by the Town for that purpose.
(Complete Utility Bylaw can be viewed under Bylaws & Policies)
Utility Contract: Utility Contract
Sign up for e-billing: E-billing Information and Sign Up
Click below for information on Utility Auto Payments:
Utilities Auto Payment Information
Sign up for Utility Auto Payments: Utilities Auto Payment Form
Cancel Utility Auto Payments: Utilities Auto Payment Cancellation Form
*Please note that payments may take 3-5 business days to process and that a Plastiq service fee will be applied (2.5% for credit cards, 1% for debit cards).
Water, Sewer, Waste Management, Storm Sewer Rates: Rates uti.water
– Place your cart at your front pick-up location by 7:30 am on your collection day.
– Bin must be at least 3 feet from vehicles, or any objects, when placed out or it will not be picked up. This is to avoid any damage to property.
– All pick ups will be from the front street unless you are otherwise notified.
– Your collection day will remain on the same weekday unless otherwise informed.
– Keep litter in its place, bag and tie all your household waste. Small grocery bags do not have to be placed into a standard garbage bag for use with the cart program. Any style of tied bag will do.
– All your waste must fit in the cart and the lid must close. No additional waste will be collected.
– You are responsible for keeping your cart clean and secure.
– You must return your cart to your property by the end of your collection day. Returning your cart to your property will help keep your street free of obstruction for maintenance and prevent your cart from being stolen or vandalized.
– Your house and street number is on the cart, there is also a serial number printed on the bin. This serial number is recorded at the Town Office for identification should the street and house number be removed.
– If loss or damage to your cart is the result of neglect, you will be responsible for the $100 replacement cost of the cart.
Has your cart been damaged or gone missing?
Information and inquiries:
Contact the Town of Coalhurst
Hours of operation: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Cans, newspaper, mixed paper and clear glass can be dropped off at the recycling depot at the Coalhurst Fire Hall at 702-55 Avenue, in the southwest corner of the rear yard. A separate container is also located there for cardboard collection.
Spring Cleanup and Tree Chipping
Once each year, the Town of Coalhurst will collect larger items and yard debris not included in daily residential garbage pickup. Advanced notice is published in Town News.
For information on electricity go to: ENMAX or call 1 (877) 571-7111.
Or go to FortisAlberta: http://www.fortisalberta.com/contact/Pages/default.aspx
For information go to: http://www.justenergy.com and the Phone Number: (855) 387-6071
UTILITIES CONSUMER ADVOCATE
URL links used in the description:
This website is an interactive resource that is helping consumers, especially vulnerable Albertans, make informed choices about their electricity and natural gas services.