Looking for a way to get involved in your community? Then join us as a volunteer on a Committee of Council!
The Town of Coalhurst is now recruiting volunteers for four (4) NEW and exciting committees:
- Community Celebration Committee (2 public members, plus Community Organization reps)
- Community Enrichment Committee (3 public members)
- Community Housing Committee (3 public members)
- Wetlands Enhancement Advisory Committee (3 public members)
Committees of Council help guide and shape the Town of Coalhurst by providing Council with information, advice, and recommendations regarding important community issues and topics. All appointed members work together to bring their experience and expertise to achieve Council’s defined strategic plan.
Applications for the committees noted above are being received until December 20, 2023, at Noon. Final appointments will be made by Council on January 2, 2024.
Find the application form and more information here.
Committee background information
- COMMUNITY CELEBRATION COMMITTEE: To act as facilitators for planning, organizing and implementing community events, including, but not limited to, Canada Day, Family Day, Miners Days, and any other event proposed by the committee.
- COMMUNITY ENRICHMENT COMMITTEE: To identify and recommend areas and types of installations to Council to promote community beautification and enhancement of public spaces along with the development and expansion of public art, cultural and heritage recognition initiatives including review of existing and proposed policies and bylaws.
- COMMUNITY HOUSING COMMITTEE: To utilize local professionals in exploring partnerships, land, location, size, scope, client and funding options for developing seniors and/or affordable housing in Coalhurst and provide those recommendations for Council’s consideration. This committee is advisory and reports to Council.
- WETLANDS ENHANCEMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE: To review results of the Recreation Master Plan and other surveys as required to provide recommendations to Council on the building out of the newly established wetlands area. This shall include, but not be limited to, public use installations, amenities, gathering areas, paths, environmental features, wildlife protection areas, etc. This committee reports to Council and is ad hoc in nature. The Committee shall have 12 months from the date of establishment to complete a final report with recommendations to Council, after which the committee shall be dissolved.