- Elected to Council in 2007 and 2010
- Appointed as Deputy Mayor in 2012
- Returned to Council by acclamation in 2013
- Returned to Council by acclamation in 2017
Heather Caldwell grew up in a small town in southern Alberta. That was the upbringing she wanted for her children Dylan and Garrett when they moved to Coalhurst eight years ago. Since then she has volunteered with the Coalhurst BMX club, with both elementary and high school parent councils- chairing the CES playground committee, and is a volunteer with the Coalhurst Youth Committee and drop-in centre. One of her goals is to create a community for all children to grow and thrive.
Heather has worked in the non-profit sector for more than 15 years in the areas of advocacy and community development. She is a firm believer that building community is not just about bricks and mortar. While they are important, it’s also about creating opportunities for our residents to build quality lives. Her favorite pastimes include visiting, volunteering, and family recreation. “People have so little time to give but should see volunteering as a form of recreation. It’s a great way to create new relationships, be a part of your community, and have fun.”
- Green Acres Foundation greenacres.ab.ca
- Chinook Arch Regional Library System
- Oldman River Regional Services Commission
- Oldman Watershed Council
- Municipal Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Regional Composite Assessment Appeal Board
- Regional Local Assessment Appeal Board
- Intermunicipal Committee
To contact a member of the council visit the Councillor Contact page.