Jobs Positions Available
Volunteer Firefighter Openings
The Town of Coalhurst is looking for Volunteer Firefighters. Click on link for details:
Fire Department Job Posting
Bylaw Enforcement Officer
Town of Coalhurst
The Town of Coalhurst is currently accepting applications for the position of Bylaw Enforcement Officer. Start date will be as soon as possible in 2019.
Primary duties of Bylaw Enforcement will be to, but not limited to, enforce the bylaws of the Town, including animal control, respond to public complaints and inquiries, prepare monthly and other reports, as requested, follow up on tickets issued for bylaw offences, including court preparation and attendance and assist in bylaw review/interpretation. Applicants must also be interested, and eligible, for future appointment as an Alberta Community Peace Officer Level I.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic First Aid and Level C CPR
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Operators Licence
- Education in law enforcement or minimum 1 year related bylaw experience
Applicants should also have an ability to deal with potentially confrontational matters with tact and diplomacy. Practical knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of computer systems for business applications would also be an asset.
The Town of Coalhurst offers a competitive salary, dependent on qualifications and experience, including a comprehensive benefits package. A condition of employment will be agreement by the applicant to disclose criminal record information to the Town of Coalhurst.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by mail, fax or e-mail by November 28, 2018 to:
Coalhurst, Alberta T0L 0V0
Attention: Mr. R.K. (Kim) Hauta
Chief Administrative Officer
Fax: (403) 381-2924
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Council of the Town of Coalhurst invites applications from residents, and surrounding district individuals, interested in sitting on the following Committees/Boards:
1) Municipal Subdivision & Development Appeal Board – 1 member-at-large (training is required to meet Municipal Government Act legislation)
2) Deputy Director of Emergency Management (Incident Command System (ICS 300) training would be an asset)
Please submit your application, in writing, to Town of Coalhurst, by December 19, 2018, via one of the below listed methods:
Mail to: Box 456
Coalhurst, Alberta T0L 0V0
or, drop it off at the Town Office: 100 – 51 Avenue
Volunteer Positions Available
- Recreation/Cultural Services
Contact: Recreation Coordinator – 403-394-5150
- 1st Coalhurst Brownies & Guides
Contact: Lindsey DeKreek – 403-381-4617
- Miner’s Days Historical Association of Coalhurst – 2015
Contact: Deb Florence
- Coalhurst Volunteer Fire Department
Contact: Fire Chief Mat Conte – 403-381-3633;
- Coalhurst Youth Committee
Contact: Heather Caldwell
Facebook page – Coalhurst Youth Events