Handbook for Reducing Basement Flooding
Click here for information: Handbook for Reducing Basement Flooding
6.1 APPLICATION FOR A SERVICE CONNECTION
6.1.1 Utility service shall be supplied to the owner of the property. No utility service will be supplied to any renter, lessee or other persons not considered the owner of the property.
6.1.2 Any owner who desires utility service from the Town of Coalhurst shall apply in writing to the Administrator on the form supplied by the Town for that purpose.
(Complete Utility Bylaw can be viewed under Bylaws & Policies)
Utility Contract: Utility Contract
Sign up for e-billing: E-billing Information and Sign Up
Click below for information on Utility Auto Payments:
Utilities Auto Payment Information
Sign up for Utility Auto Payments: Utilities Auto Payment Form
Cancel Utility Auto Payments: Utilities Auto Payment Cancellation Form
*Please note that payments may take 3-5 business days to process and that a Plastiq service fee will be applied (2.5% for credit cards, 1% for debit cards).
Water is provided by the Town of Coalhurst. Water rates, as of February 1, 2017, are:
- Residential: $39.75 for 22.0 cubic metres plus $1.75 for each additional cubic metre per month
- Commercial: $50.40 for 22.0 cubic metres plus $1.75 for each additional cubic metre per month
Sewer services are provided by the Town of Coalhurst. The costs of sewer services, as of February 1, 2017, are as follows:
- Residential, Church and Commercial: $37.30 per month
Waste Management Services
Waste management services are provided by the Town of Coalhurst. The costs of waste management services, as of November 1, 2013, are as follows:
- Residential: $18.90 per month (95 gallon bin) – one pick up per week (over the age of 65 will receive a discount on garbage rates)
- Commercial: $18.90 per month (95 gallon bin) – one pick up per week or $37.80 per month (300 gallon bin) – one pick up per week
Storm Sewer Services
Storm sewer services are provided by the Town of Coalhurst. The costs of storm sewer services, as of February 1, 2017, are as follows:
- Residential & Commercial: $5.05 per calendar month per user
For all issues relating to the above services call the Town Office directly at (403) 381-3033.
Note: A Utility Contract must be filled out and signed by all property owners in order to receive the above services.
Fees can be paid at the Coalhurst Town Office (cheque, cash, Interac/debit payment), most financial institutions, through tele-banking or online (no credit cards accepted).
– Place your cart at your front pick-up location by 7:30 am on your collection day.
– Bin must be at least 3 feet from vehicles, or any objects, when placed out or it will not be picked up. This is to avoid any damage to property.
– All pick ups will be from the front street unless you are otherwise notified.
– Your collection day will remain on the same weekday unless otherwise informed.
– Keep litter in its place, bag and tie all your household waste. Small grocery bags do not have to be placed into a standard garbage bag for use with the cart program. Any style of tied bag will do.
– All your waste must fit in the cart and the lid must close. No additional waste will be collected.
– You are responsible for keeping your cart clean and secure.
– You must return your cart to your property by the end of your collection day. Returning your cart to your property will help keep your street free of obstruction for maintenance and prevent your cart from being stolen or vandalized.
– Your house and street number is on the cart, there is also a serial number printed on the bin. This serial number is recorded at the Town Office for identification should the street and house number be removed.
– If loss or damage to your cart is the result of neglect, you will be responsible for the $100 replacement cost of the cart.
Has your cart been damaged or gone missing?
Information and inquiries:
Contact the Town of Coalhurst
Hours of operation: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Note: Garbage pickup services are delivered by the Town of Coalhurst, by location, according to a schedule. This schedule has now been modified so please call the Town Office at 403-381-3033 with questions you may have regarding your pickup.
Effective September 7, 2016, Coalhurst Community (Mobile Home Park) will have garbage pick-up day moved from Fridays to Wednesdays.
Effective September 28, 2016 residents that had garbage pick-up Monday, will now have pick-up on Tuesday.
Cans, newspaper, mixed paper and clear glass can be dropped off at the recycling depot at the Coalhurst Fire Hall at 702-55 Avenue, in the southwest corner of the rear yard. A separate container is also located there for cardboard collection.
Residential Toxic Roundup
Once each month from April through October, at locations in Lethbridge, residents can drop off toxic residential substances. For more information call (403) 329-7367 or visit the City of Lethbridge Waste and Recycling Services website.
Spring Cleanup and Tree Chipping
Once each year, the Town of Coalhurst will collect larger items and yard debris not included in daily residential garbage pickup. Advanced notice is published in Town News.
For information on electricity go to: ENMAX or call 1 (877) 571-7111.
Or go to FortisAlberta: http://www.fortisalberta.com/contact/Pages/default.aspx
For information go to: http://www.justenergy.com and the Phone Number: (855) 387-6071