Through a vision planning session held on November 29, 2010, hosted by Deb Berg — Alberta Culture and Community Spirit, Town Council adopted the following vision for the Town of Coalhurst:
The municipal council of the Town of Coalhurst envisions that their community, in 2025, is a model community in Alberta with the following attributes:
- Coalhurst is a safe community of fewer than 5,000 people that enjoys diverse and sustainable growth based on social, economic and environmental pillars.
- Coalhurst has safe access that provides connectivity and alternative transportation for its citizens.
- The Town of Coalhurst, together with its citizens, creates an aesthetically pleasing community incorporating multi-use green spaces and community paths.
- Coalhurst has a thriving, well-developed business centre to serve residents, attract visitors and act as a community hub.
- A sustainable commercial and industrial area attracts businesses within the Town providing an increased and diversified tax base and jobs.
- Our community has public facilities that provide all our citizens with quality municipal services and opportunities for recreation and healthy living.
- Coalhurst is a diversified community which offers desirable housing options for seniors, students and families.
- With strategic partnerships, Coalhurst offers quality education and learning experiences.