Jobs Positions Available
Administrative Assistant – Finance Clerk
The Town of Coalhurst is currently seeking a permanent full-time Administrative Assistant. Also known as the Finance Clerk, this position has been recently added to keep up with the growing administration needs of the Town.
Main responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Business/Animal Licensing
- Reception (phone, front counter, taking payments, etc.)
- Office Management (filing, deposits, mail, etc,)
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and dealing with the public.
- Positive, helpful, team-oriented attitude.
- Skilled with computers and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under limited supervision
The Town of Coalhurst also offers a competitive wage and benefits package. We also welcome interested candidates to demonstrate knowledge and experience relating to other municipal functions not mentioned such as grant writing/reporting, communications, accounting, computer/information technology, etc.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “COALHURST JOB APPLICATION” as the subject line. As well, please indicate where you first heard about the position being advertised.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FEBRUARY 5, 2018 12:00 NOON.
Election Officials Needed for 2018 Municipal By-Election
The Town of Coalhurst is presently accepting applications from individuals interested in acting as election officials for the 2018 Municipal By-Election. By-Election Day, if required, will be on Thursday, February 22, 2018 and an Advance Vote will be held on Thursday, February 15, 2018, again if required. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be available from 9:00 a.m. until completion of the ballot count on By-Election Day and for the Advance Vote. Training will be provided and a remuneration will be paid.
Please submit your resume by January 26, 2018 to:
R.K. (Kim) Hauta
Town of Coalhurst
Coalhurst, AB T0L 0V0
Fax: (403) 381-2924
TOWN OF COALHURST APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES
Volunteer Positions Available
VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER JOB OPENINGS
Be part of an important team entrusted to protect the community. Click link for details: Fire Department Job Posting
- Recreation/Cultural Services
Contact: Recreation Coordinator – 403-394-5150
- 1st Coalhurst Brownies & Guides
Contact: Lindsey DeKreek – 403-381-4617
- Miner’s Days Historical Association of Coalhurst – 2015
Contact: Deb Florence
- Coalhurst Volunteer Fire Department
Contact: Fire Chief Mat Conte – 403-381-3633;
- Coalhurst Youth Committee
Contact: Heather Caldwell
Facebook page – Coalhurst Youth Events